Health & Safety Protocols
As much as we would like to have COVID completely behind us it still is present in our country and all over the world. Maple Leaf continues to keep the health and safety of our staff and students as a top priority.
We recommend that handwashing is practiced on arrival at school and throughout the day, especially after breaks and lunch. Mask wearing is a personal choice. A strict regimen of sanitising all classrooms and thoroughfares continues throughout the school day and fully again every afternoon
All sick students are asked to remain at home. All cases of Covid-19 or any other contagious illnesses must be reported to the Principal immediately.
If your son or daughter is experiencing symptoms, we ask that you keep them home.
• Congestion or runny nose
• Fever or chills
• Sore throat
Student Protocol for COVID-19 Symptoms, Exposure or Confirmed Cases
Please inform the school principal IMMEDIATELY of any such instances described here.
Stay home and monitor, stay away from school for 2 days.
Stay away from school for 2 days and if symptom free then return to school, no additional testing required.
Primary contact of a COVID-19 positive person in the household?
Stay away from school for 2 days, if free of symptoms, return to school by providing a negative home test or lab antigen test.
Tests positive for COVID-19?
Stay away from school for 10 days, if free of symptoms, return to school.
Alternatively, return to school after 5 days by providing a negative home test or lab antigen test.
A Primary Contact is any person who was within 3 ft. of a clinically diagnosed COVID-19 positive person for a cumulative time of 15 minutes over a 24-hour period with their mask off.
• Visitors are allowed at school with recommended scheduled appointments confirmed in advance with Administration.
• Visitors will be directed to park outside, only staff vehicles are allowed inside the school’s compound during the school day.
• Anyone showing signs of illness, coughing and sneezing will not be allowed entry access.
• Students, staff and visitors will be directed to the hand wash station for hand washing on arrival.
• Students, staff and visitors are encouraged to wear a mask and temperature check on arrival.
• Students, staff and visitors are encouraged to practice social distancing while on the school’s compound.