The Ontario Education System
Internationally Recognized Education
At Maple Leaf International School, Kindergarten through to Grade 12 curriculum is based upon the internationally renowned Ontario (Canada) Curriculum. This Curriculum is ranked among the world’s best in education. It has consistently received high ratings in the Programme for International Student Assessment (PISA)*. It focuses on students’ individual learning and development as well as building their character by acknowledging each individual’s unique personal strengths.
* PISA is a worldwide study by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) on scholastic performance of students in Mathematics, Science and Reading. Source: OECD PISA
Maple Leaf is inspected by the Ontario Ministry of Education. The Principal has the authority to grant secondary school credits towards an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD).We are privileged to be one of nineteen schools in the world that can offer a Grade 12 diploma outside of Ontario. This diploma is recognized and respected worldwide.
The development of literacy skills has an impact on an individual’s overall well-being. In the context of a well-rounded student experience, no outcome is more indispensable than a solid foundation in literacy and numeracy. This pursuit means more than the basic ability to read, write and do math, it includes the growing capacity throughout the elementary and secondary years to understand information from a variety of sources, to interpret this information across a variety of disciplines and to think and communicate with a high degree of critical analysis.
More than ever before, the ability to function, contribute and prosper in our society requires a sound education, which is built on the foundation of literacy and numeracy.
Maple Leaf Programs
- Career Counselling
- Library Services
- Student Support – Differentiated Instruction
- Educational Assistants
- Technology in the Classroom
- Student Leadership
- Co-curricular – House League
- Service Learning – Community Consciousness
Elementary School Education
- Grades – JK/SK (Age 4-5) to Grade 8 (Age 13)
- Seamless transition from Elementary School to Secondary School
Secondary School Programs
- Program choice and options
- Math, Science and Technology
- English and Humanities
- Art, Music & Drama
- Work Placement Opportunities
- French & Spanish
Planned Professional Development
- Teacher Training and enhancement
- Professional Learning Community Teams
The Ontario Curriculum
The Ontario Ministry of Education website provides the curriculum documents spanning Kindergarten to Grade 12. These documents are available for download.