How To Apply
Thank you for your interest in Maple Leaf International School. We give careful consideration and review to every application, hoping to get to know each candidate for admission as both a student and an individual. While valuing and respecting your past achievements, we strive to understand your future potential, seriousness of purpose, and possible contribution to the Maple Leaf family and even the wider local and global community.
While admission to Maple Leaf International School occurs on an ongoing basis, the Admissions Office encourages families to begin the process during the first and last term of the preceding academic year. To complete the application process, prospective students are asked to complete the following:
If you have any questions about any of our steps or entrance requirements, please contact Mrs. Michelle Charles at (868) 632-9578 or email firstname.lastname@example.org We understand there may be certain unique circumstances that require our review and time flexibility. We are happy to work with you as needed.
Students applying for the Junior Kindergarten programme must be four (4) years of age by December 31, of their entry year. Students over the age of 20 will not be accepted. Most students are placed in age appropriate grade levels where possible.
Step 1: Registration
A complete application consists of:
- Registration Fee of TT$200 (non-refundable) to be submitted with Registration Form
- Registration Form
- Student Referral Form To be completed by a teacher or administrator at the applicant’s present school
- Past three years reports For applicants Grades 4-12
- Transcripts For applicants Grades 9-12
- Assessment & Evaluation Reports Eg. Psycho-Educational, Occupational Therapy, Language, Behavioural (Failure to disclose all such reports or information may result in refusal of admission or withdrawal from the school.)
- Two passport sized photos of applicant
- Copy of Passport or Birth Certificate
- Copy of Immunization Record
- Medical Form To be completed by parent(s)
Step 2: Assessment
Maple Leaf International School is dedicated to student success. We treat all students as individuals with individual needs. Because all students have varying strengths and weaknesses, all new students are required to complete an entrance assessment. Due to variations in teaching styles and grading standards, grades alone are not sufficient. The assessment involves reading, writing, and mathematics which allows us to determine skill levels.
The assessment process begins with an interview with parents/guardians and child, followed by the written assessment and may include a classroom/home observation.
The child is assessed;
- To evaluate the student’s academic skill level for success in the Ontario Curriculum
- To evaluate the student’s likelihood of successful integration both socially and behaviourally in the programme
- To assist parents and students in their adjustment to Maple Leaf International School
Once the registration is completed, an appointment can be made for your child’s assessment.
Assessment Fee (non refundable): Local Student TT$600. Foreign Student TT$1000.
Step 3: Admission Decision
The Admissions team will make a decision on acceptance to the school, and on grade placement with the student’s best interest in mind. This will be determined by the age appropriate level, academic record, recommendation, and assessment.
Step 4: Decision Notification
Once the application and assessment are completed, you will typically receive an answer within a week.
The office will contact you to receive an Acceptance Package. This includes an acceptance letter, an Annual Enrollment Agreement, an outline of tuition fees and all associated costs and other pertinent information needed to start school. To accept the offer of admission you will be required to make all payments as outlined in the package, sign the acceptance letter and complete the Annual Enrollment Agreement.