Maple Leaf International School admits students of any nationality who have the ability to successfully complete the Ontario Curriculum. Our program has been designed to meet the needs of students who fall within a normal range of abilities. Maple Leaf cannot admit students who have learning or behavioural difficulties or challenges beyond the scope of existing services or programming. Previous school records and any assessments must be provided to the school prior to consideration for entry to the school.
Assessment for Admission
The process used in screening includes an interview with the parents/child, reading, writing and mathematics tasks, a review of past school reports and other assessments as required. The child is assessed:
- to evaluate the student’s academic skill level for success in the Ontario Curriculum.
- to evaluate the student’s likelihood of successful integration both socially and behaviourally in the program.
- to assist parents and students in their adjustment to Maple Leaf International School.
- Parents are required to meet with school officials to discuss their child’s education.
- Parents must complete the registration/application form and return to the school office with the required documents – cost: $200.00 (see registration form)
- Student services will schedule an appointment for assessment. Local - $600. Foreign – $1000. Registration/application and assessment fees are due prior to the assessment.
- When the assessment is completed, a written acceptance and placement recommendation will be made.
- Confirmation of acceptance and this recommendation is required by payment of the capital fund and/or first term’s tuition.
- All fees are due prior to entrance.
- Grade 9 – 12 students receive their schedules from the Guidance Department.
Students applying for the Junior Kindergarten program must be four (4) years of age by December 31st of their entry year. No student over the age of 20 will be accepted. Most students are placed in age appropriate grade levels where possible.