About Maple Leaf
Maple Leaf hosts 350 students, comprising both an Elementary School – serving JK through Grade 8, and a Secondary School serving grades 9 through 12.
Maple Leaf offers the continuity of 22 years of traditional private education following the Ontario Curriculum, with 35 full-time instructional faculty members (of which 80% are Ontario Teacher Certified), and 48 including support staff.
Maple Leaf guides their students through an energetic, illuminating and complete learning experience, that features a thoughtful and thorough core curriculum, balanced with far-reaching electives, sports and arts programmes.
To be recognized as the premier elementary and secondary school in Trinidad and Tobago.
Maple Leaf International School develops self-directed learners who demonstrate excellence and integrity in becoming leaders and well-balanced contributors to the global community.
The Foundation of the Maple Leaf Program
Maple Leaf provides an authentic private Ontario education learning opportunity and experience, which is ranked among the top in the English speaking world.
Our education is student-centred and individual with strong student-teacher interaction, small class sizes and our graduates are accepted for tertiary education at Universities and Colleges around the world.
The Ontario System of education believes that its moral purpose is to ensure that all children are educated to high levels of intellectual, practical and social competence, it does not matter where you are coming from, but rather, where you are going. Realizing this vision, it is Maple Leaf’s goal to help develop the intellectual, emotional and physical potential of our students so that they can become the best contributing citizens they can be.
- Every student at Maple Leaf should be able to read, write, do math and comprehend at a high level. This is the necessary foundation for later educational and social choices.
- Every student should have exposure to music and the arts
- Every student should be safe and feel safe at school.
- Every student should reach the highest level of achievement that his or her ability and willingness to work will permit.
- Every student should have a favourable educational experience at Maple Leaf International School.
- Every student should know how to think for him or herself, appreciate the rights and obligations of good citizenship and learn about character values.
- Parents are participants in the school’s learning mission and vision.